Buy bitcoins step-by-step
Bitcoin is very exciting and we are very excited that you are taking this journey with us.
How can I purchase BTC with Simplex?
Now purchasing BTC and depositing into your Abra wallet is even easier with Simplex.
With certain exceptions (and depending on the terms with your card issuer), this service is available across the globe.
Please note, while your purchase is immediate, funding your wallet may not be. Your transaction must confirm on the blockchain before the funds will reflect in your Abra wallet. Additionally, Simplex has the right to cancel a transaction for any reason. If a transaction is canceled your funds will be refunded to the card you used to purchase BTC with.
You must have the latest version of the Abra app to see this option.
However, you can also fund your wallet using the Abra website.
or copy and past this link manually https://www.abra.com/buybitcoin/simplex/?fiat=USD&ref_id=100&link=3ihRYNZbgO
- Open your Abra app, to your portfolio view.
- Tap: ‘+Add Money’ (now located at the bottom of your screen).
- Tap: ‘Visa/Mastercard’.
- Tap: the ‘Copy bitcoin (BTC) address.
- Tap: ‘Buy bitcoin through Simplex’.
Once you tap this button you will be redirected to a landing page external to the Abra app, Tap: ‘Continue’.
- On the Simplex landing page, paste your BTC address and enter the amount you’d like to purchase.
- The convergence rate will reflect on the landing page before you continue to add any information.
- Simplex sets the rate at which USD to BTC is converted, not Abra.
- You can purchase $50-$20,000 of BTC.
- You must check the ‘I’m not a robot’ box before clicking ‘Continue’.
- Enter: Billing information attached to the credit card or debit card you’d like to use to purchase BTC.
- Enter: The billing address attached to the credit card or debit card.
- Listed: The Amount, Fees, and Total will be listed according to what was selected on the previous page.
- Please read the ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- Confirm: You’ve read the ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- Tap: ‘Continue’.
- Edit: If you’d like to change the amount, you will have to go back to the previous page in order to edit.
Fees: A flat fee of $10.00 will be applied on top any BTC purchase below $200. Once you purchase $201 and above of BTC a fee of 4% will be applied and deducted from your total amount. You may be charged a foreign exchange and foreign transaction fee (depending on the terms of your card issuer). For additional information regarding fees, you may incur while using Simplex, click here.
- Confirm your email: You will be sent an email from ‘Simplex Support‘ to verify your email address.
- The link sent may not be active and you may need to copy and paste it in a web browser.
- Confirm your phone number: You will be sent a verification code via SMS from Simplex.
- Please note, on this page you will see how this transaction will reflect on your credit card or baking statement. It will also show on your confirmation email (This Example: Simplex_Paybis).
- Confirmation: Once you’ve completed both your email and phone number you will see the check marks shown below.
- Tap: ‘Continue’.
Verification: If you did not receive the verification email or SMS text please reach out to https://www.simplex.com/submit-a-ticket/
- Enter: The credit card or debit information you’d like to use to purchase BTC.
- Enter: Your personal credit card or debit card not a business card.
- NOTE: Using a credit card may incur a ‘paying cash advance fee’ or another fee by your card issuer.
- Do not close your web browser while your payment is being authorized.
- If verification isn’t instant, you’ll get an email to finish the process.
- If the transaction isn’t completed the transaction will be canceled–a cancellation email will be sent from Simplex
- Confirmation: Once your payment has processed it can take 30 minutes (but possibly longer) for your BTC to reflect in your Abra wallet.
- Tap: ‘Return to Abra’
- Note: Once the payment is approved, no way to cancel
Simplex may ask for additional information to complete their verification process. Abra cannot assist in this process, waive additional documents needed, nor process a payment done via Simplex. For any additional questions regarding Simplex verification process please reach out at https://www.simplex.com/submit-a-ticket/
If you’d like to check on the status of your purchase, please click here.